Sam's Wood Furniture shipping, return and custom orders policies can be found here.
SHIPPING OPTIONS & Pick Up
LOCAL DELIVERY: Great news! If you reside in Vermont, Connecticut, western Massachusetts and parts of eastern New York, our local delivery option kicks in.
Vermont: Chittenden County: $55 / VT (all other areas): $99
Connecticut: Litchfield County: $55 / CT (all other areas): $99
Eastern NY & Western MA: $99
New York City: $199
NATIONWIDE SHIPPING OPTIONS:
In addition to our local delivery options, Sam’s works with various delivery companies to provide curbside or white glove delivery services in the contiguous U.S. Once your furniture items have been picked up, the delivery company will contact you in advance to schedule delivery.
Curbside Delivery: $199 If you reside outside of our local delivery areas, curbside delivery provides one driver for delivery of your furniture. The driver will bring your furniture to the back of the truck but they are not responsible for removing furniture off the truck or into your home or office. Please plan to have appropriate assistance based on the size and weight of your furniture.
No lift gate can be guaranteed for this service although we may be able to accommodate for additional charges. Please contact us at 802-862-6013 if a lift gate is preferred.
Inside Delivery: $399 Welcome your heirloom piece with our premium delivery service. With our white glove delivery, our drivers will professionally unload and unpack your furniture. They will carefully place furniture in your home or office, perform light assembly (no wall mounting), and dispose of all packing materials.
PICK UP: Our Vermont Store: 372 North Winooski Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401.
Our store hours: M-Th 10-5:30, Fri 10-5, Sat 10-4, Sun 12-4. Large, heavy items may need to be picked up by appointment if you need assistance getting into your vehicle.
A note on pick up: Please be ready to receive your new furniture within two weeks of its arrival to Sam’s Wood Furniture. Sam’s does not have the capacity to store your furniture for extended periods of time. $40 weekly storage fees will apply after two weeks. Please contact us if you cannot arrange for pick up within this time.
- The delivery company will contact you directly to schedule delivery. Specific delivery times cannot be guaranteed but generally take place Monday – Friday during normal business hours.
- Some areas do not have delivery available or will need to have selected delivery options revised. You will be notified if there are problems arranging delivery.
- Someone must be present to accept the delivery. Additional storage and delivery charges will apply for the need to reschedule should you fail to keep the delivery appointment.
- Delivery companies reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a delivery due to safety and driving hazards.
- Drivers are not responsible for any prep work involved in placing furniture into your home. They will not move existing furniture or fixtures, and they cannot dispose of existing furniture.
- We cannot accept returns for furniture not fitting into your home, through doorways, elevators, etc. Prior to placing your order, please take measurements to ensure furniture is not too large to be placed into its final resting place.
- Roads must be wide enough for the delivery truck to safely maneuver and be without obstruction. Roads cannot not have weight restrictions. Delivery trucks are large and must be able to navigate and safely back up at your location.
COMPLETION & SHIPPING TIMES
Quick ship items should arrive in 4-6 weeks
All other orders are completed within 6-14 weeks from date of purchase, depending on manufacturer and the item purchased. We will email you a more specific completion date after you have placed your order.
For non-quick ship items, production time does not include shipping times. Time to ship can take an additional 2-3 weeks. The furniture pieces sold by Sam’s Wood are built and finished at the time of order, necessitating these lead times. Completion dates are estimates and subject to change. For the status of your order, please contact the store at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-862-6013.
Sam's Wood Furniture cannot be held responsible for manufacturer delays. Examples of shipping delays include weather, holidays, and other events. If a delay should arise, we will email you make you aware of the delay.
All orders placed on our site will receive a confirmation email listing order details. It is the customer's responsibility to review all order details and immediately make the store aware of any errors or changes that need to be made. After 24 hours, there is no guarantee that an order can be altered or deleted.
To make any changes to your order, please contact at 802.862.6013 during normal store hours.
- Make sure you completely unpack and carefully inspect your furniture before the driver leaves your home. While your furniture is insured for shipping, insurance only covers damages noted at the time of delivery.
- Any damages must have photos taken and emailed to email@example.com. Please reference your order number and describe the damage within the email.
Returns on in-stock purchases purchased at our store may receive a full refund within 7 days of purchase and must be accompanied by a receipt. Sam’s Wood Furniture reserves the right to deny refunds for any damaged furniture.
Ordered furniture is considered custom and is not returnable. Cancellations are allowed within 24 hours provided the manufacturer has not processed the order. We are not responsible for manufacturers delays although we do our best to ensure your furniture arrives within estimated times.
Discounted and "as-is" furniture are FINAL sale. No exceptions.
All furniture considered to be “custom” includes:
- special ordered furniture not in-stock in our inventory
- in-stock pieces finished under Sam’s Custom Finish Program,
- all custom built or modified pieces
These pieces cannot be returned, refunded, or exchanged. Please refer to our Return Policy.
REAL WOOD, STAINS, AND FINISHES
Natural woods have their own unique characteristics. Each piece of wood used to produce our furniture is individual and unique. Woods of the same species may vary in color, grain patterns, and texture. These variations are part of what makes owning real wood so enjoyable: each piece is beautiful and one of a kind. For example, our reclaimed barn wood pieces are constructed using woods hundreds of years old. These pieces have character marks, knots, nail holes, and splits. Features consistent with natural wood are not returnable.
Real wood reacts to its environment, such as humidity, changes in temperature, and lighting (natural or artificial). You can reduce the likelihood of these environmental reactions by properly sealing and protecting your wood furniture, as well as maintaining ideal humidity levels. While many of our manufacturers offer a workmanship warranty, SWF cannot be held responsible for furniture that warps, cracks, or fades in your home.
Custom Finishes: We cannot guarantee that every board or every inch of your furniture will match the color of an approved finish sample. There are many natural variations in wood therefore we cannot return or refund furniture based on color or stain matching variations.
Prices listed on our site are subject to change without notice. Please contact the store directly with any pricing questions or concerns.
Your privacy is important to us!
We are concerned about your satisfaction with doing business with us. Your personal information is confidential. We do not rent, sell, barter or trade e-mail addresses or any personal information you provide us.
When you place an order with Sam's Wood Furniture we collect your name, address, telephone number, credit card information and your e-mail address (for on-line orders). We use this information to fulfill your order and to communicate with you about your order.
If for any reason you are still uncomfortable about ordering electronically, please feel free to contact the store to place your order.